We have specialists in many areas of legal practice. Make an enquiry today: 0330 333 2613
Our Commercial Team has been dealing with licensing applications since the introduction of the Licensing Act 2003.
We work closely with local licensing authorities and the police which enables us to provide you with pragmatic and effective advice for your business.
We can offer advice and assistance with the following applications:-
- New Premises Licences
- Variations of existing Premises Licences
- Transfer of existing Premises Licences
- New Personal Licences
What is the cost of an application for a new Premises Licence?
Our fixed fee is £1,500.00 plus VAT (excluding disbursements).
What is the cost of an application to vary a Premises Licence?
Our fixed fee of £1,250.00 plus VAT (excluding disbursements).
Is there anything else to pay?
In addition to our legal fees, the following disbursements would also be payable in respect of the application. These are costs that are payable to third parties which we would pay on your behalf during the course of the transaction.
The Application Fee
This is fee paid to the Licensing Authority when your application is submitted.
The amount payable depends upon the rateable value of the Premises. We can confirm the exact fee payable once we have established the rateable value of the Premises.
As part of the application process it will be necessary to place a public notice in the local press.
The amount payable will depend upon the actual size of the notice required. The average cost payable is between £500.00 - £600.00 plus VAT.
A plan of the premises will need to be submitted with your application where either a new premises licence is being applied for or where you are varying your existing licence as a result of any major changes you have made to the premises.
The plan must comply with certain requirements and, so, may need to be professionally prepared.
What does our fixed fee include?
Once we have taken your instructions, we shall:-
- Confirm the amount of the Application Fee payable;
- Confirm the cost of advertising the application;
- Provide you with advice and guidance regarding the promotion of the licensing objectives
- Provide you with advice and guidance as to the type of plans you are required to submit with your application
- Complete the relevant application form in accordance with your instructions
- In the case of any application for a new premises licence, we shall provide you with a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder
- Submit the application to the licensing authority and responsible authorities
- Prepare and supply you with the notices to be displayed at the premises together with guidance as to where and how these should be displayed
- Prepare and arrange for the public notice to be published in the local newspaper.
Please be aware that our fixed fees do not include:-
- The preparation of any plans;
- attending any pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or responsible authorities, nor their fee for this meeting.
- dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties
- attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
How long will my application take?
Matters usually take 4-6 weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example, if there is substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.
Elliot Mather LLP maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices.
Registered Office: St. Mary's Court, St. Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, S41 7TD
VAT Number: 126 3019 03
Regulatory Notice: Elliot Mather LLP is a limited liability partnership. Partnership number OC321320.
Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors' Regulation Authority. To view code of conduct visit www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct.page