We have specialists in many areas of legal practice. Make an enquiry today: 0330 333 2613
Probate Solicitors in Chesterfield, Derby, Mansfield, Matlock & Nottingham
A bereavement can leave you feeling overwhelmed. The loss of a loved one is always a very emotional time without having to step into the role of executor. Please feel free to contact a member of our Probate department below to see how we can help.
When someone passes away there are many arrangements that will have to be made. We understand that it will be a difficult time for loved ones and the deceased may or may not have made a Will. Even when everything appears to be straightforward, it can come as a surprise as to the number of steps that need to be taken to handle the estate.
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
Our expert Wills and Probate team are here to take the worry off your hands and put your mind at ease. We provide a free initial telephone consultation to see how we can assist in your circumstances. Please call 0330 333 2613 for a no obligation, initial discussion or email email@example.com and we will call you back.
At Elliot Mather, our remote working capability allows us to service any client needs via telephone communication and video conferencing. Please contact us for further information.
We take the strain out of the administration of an estate by helping you with:
- The valuation of estate assets
- The preparation of all paperwork necessary for obtaining the Grant of Probate
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs on finalising any Inheritance Tax issues
- The sale of all estate assets
- The settling of loans
- Distribution of estate monies
- Advising on monies to be held for minor beneficiaries
- Advising on any Trusts created by the Will
Coping with the loss of a loved one is always a difficult time. Our aim is to help by easing the burden by taking care of the estate for you.
We aim to provide a highly responsive and cost-effective service.
As a guide we would estimate our costs as follows:-
- For an estate with a value up to £100,000, - £1,500 plus VAT.
- For an estate with a value up to £100,000, rising to £325,000 – 1.5%-2% of the gross value of the estate plus VAT.
- Where the estate value exceeds £325,000 – 2-2.5% of the gross value of the estate plus VAT.
We are confident that unless there are particularly complex issues in an estate – for example, a family dispute or missing Beneficiaries – that out fees will be within the ranges referred to above.
Grant of Probate Only
Where the estate does not exceed £325,000, we offer a fixed fee of £495.00 plus VAT.
Third Party Costs
- Probate Court Fee - £155.00
- Additional Copies of Grant - £1.50 per copy
- HM Land Registry Title Search - £3.00
- Trustee Act Notices (to protect against claims from unknown creditors) – estimated £250.00
How we can help
Our experienced team of probate and estate administration solicitors can provide the help you require at this difficult time.
Whether you have been appointed as an executor in a Will or whether a family member or friend has passed away without a Will, we’re on hand to assist. Our team members all have experience in handling estates in a sensitive and timely manner.
How to make contact
Our team are on hand to help you and can assist wherever you are based. Please call us on 0330 333 2613 for a no-obligation, initial discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call or email you back.
Elliot Mather LLP maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices.
Registered Office: St. Mary's Court, St. Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, S41 7TD
VAT Number: 126 3019 03
Regulatory Notice: Elliot Mather LLP is a limited liability partnership. Partnership number OC321320.
Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors' Regulation Authority. To view code of conduct visit www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct.page