Team Image
Latest News
at Elliot Mather LLP

Like Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

We have specialists in many areas, make an appointment today

MOVING HOME - What information do I need

Depending on whether you are buying or selling a property, we will need certain information and it is helpful if you can prepare this in advance to ensure that we can progress all the paperwork as speedily as possible. We will generally need the following information when you instruct us: Personal details (Name, Address etc) Proof of identification (which will be copied and returned to you) Proof of address Mortgage account details Certificates for any work carried out on the house, such as guarantees and invoices Any planning permission or Building Regulations documentation relating to the property Utility Bill - Statement of Water Charges Details of utility providers I have lost some paperwork connected to my property - what should I do? Don't panic! We know which authorities to contact to gain copies of all relevant documentation necessary for a house sale or house purchase to take place. We can piece all the information together and where copies can't be obtained, we can arrange the appropriate insurances or indemnities to cover you against future claims on the property. It is important that if you are aware of any missing documentation or that there was a previous indemnity policy you let us know. Return to list of factsheets.


IT Department

Site Admin




Elliot Mather LLP maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices.

Registered Office: St. Mary's Court, St. Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, S41 7TD

VAT Number: 126 3019 03

Regulatory Notice: Elliot Mather LLP is a limited liability partnership. Partnership number OC321320.

Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors' Regulation Authority. To view code of conduct visit