Jennie qualified as a Solicitor in 2007 and has been working within Family Law ever since, providing advice and assistance in relation to family disputes. Since this time Jennie has been a Member of Resolution and as such has committed to assist and support her clients in resolving legal issues and disputes in a fair, appropriate and professional manner.
In 2010 Jennie complete a Master’s degree in Child Law and became a fully Accredited All Issues Mediator in 2010.
Jennie is Accredited with the Law Society in Family Law.
Jennie helps her clients resolve issues and helps them put into place agreements in relation to ALL ISSUES following relationship breakdown. She is often called upon to assist in complex and sensitive arrangements for children as well as property and financial issues.
Jennie is able to provide advice, drafting skills and assistance in relation to:
- Formalization of Separation
- Divorce Proceedings and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Establishing and formalizing arrangements in relation to property, finances, pensions, income and liabilities/debt following separation
- Establishing and formalizing arrangements in relation to the day to day care of children, special occasions, holidays
- Parental Responsibility – its acquisition and implantation
- Specific issues such as Children’s Surnames, which schools they will attend
- helping families to prioritize the issues they wish to resolve, in a manageable, effective and safe environment and providing them with the details of appropriate support services to assist this.
- Disputes such as arrangements for grandparents and extended family members to spend time with children, determination of paternity, delegation or formalization of Parental Responsibility, specific issues relating to the upbringing of a child such surnames, which school they will attend etc.
Jennie’s experience as a family Solicitor and Mediator have enabled her to develop professional relationships and work with a number of organizations, support services and experts including Property Valuers, Accountants, Mortgage Advisors, Pension Actuaries, Psychologists, Social Workers, Counsellors, Life Coaches, Domestic Abuse Workers and Solicitors. Jennie as a Mediator is able to signpost families to organizations and services who may be able to support and assist them.
Jennie’s academic and professional achievements and qualifications include:
- LLB Exempting Law Degree
- Qualifying as a Solicitor (2007)
- Accredited All Issues Mediator through Resolution (2010)
- A Masters in Child Law (2010) giving her specialist knowledge in cases involving children.
- Legal Aid Supervisor
- Family Mediation Council Accredited Mediator authorized for the conduct and completion of (MIAMS)
- Direct Child Consultant (2012)
- Accredited Member of HSSF ‘Help and Support for Separated Families’ (2014)
- Accredited as a Professional Practice Consultant (2015). This enables Jennie to supervise and support other Mediators.
- Law Society Family Accredited (renewed 2015)
- Registered as a Member of the Family Mediation Council (2015 and confirmed 2016)
Our specialist Family Team consists of experienced Lawyers and Mediators.
We are able to offer clients a modern and flexible service.
Cost effective packages of legal services or a bespoke service.
If legal services are not required and you would wish to refer your family matter for mediation click here and visit our dedicated Mediation web site (MIDLANDS DOVE) and begin a different process of dispute resolution.
Office Locations for Family Services: -
- Remote telephone, Skype or other conferencing facility (where appropriate)